In this article, we are going to see E-Shram Online Registration and Benefits of eShram card
What is an E-shram Seva?
E-Shram Seva scheme was started by the Government of India for all Unorganized Workers to avail all social security welfare schemes under one registration.
What is an E-Shram Portal?
e-SHRAM Portal is a type of national-level database portal. It is designed for the well-being of these unorganized workers who can now receive all assistance during a pandemic from the State and Central Government.
Who can apply for an E-Shram Card?
Construction workers, freelancers, small traders, agricultural workers, domestic workers, women, divers, truck drivers, fishermen, dairy traders, ASHA and Anganwadi workers, MGNREGA workers, self-employed and many workers in the unorganized sector.
See also: PM Kisan Nidhi Samman Yojana
Eligibility criteria for eShram Portal registration?
The State Government and the Central Government Sarkari Yojana at eSHRAM provide services only to eligible people. All unorganized workers considering applying for an e Shram Card must verify eligibility criteria prior to registration.
- The applicant must be between 16 and 59 years old
- Must be in the category of unorganized labor.
- Should not be associated with any other Government program or Non-EPFO / ESIC or NPS member.
Benefits of the E-Shram Scheme
The E-Shram Card is different for every registered person. Benefits of eShram card is as follows:
• eShram card accepted all across the Country
• Accident insurance under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana(PMSBY)
• Accidental death of Rupees 2 Lakh
• Rupees 1 lakh for partial disability
• Unorganized laborers receive assistance during the pandemic by the State and Central Government after the registration in the e-Shram website.
All Registered Employees will be provided with a 12 Digit UIT EShram Alternative Account Number to take advantage of all Institutional and Government benefits Sarkari Yojana. It is therefore very beneficial for informal Employees to be under the NDUW database.
See also: Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Role and Responsibilities
Documents Required for eSHRAM Portal Registration
- Name and Occupation
- Skills details
- Family Details
- Aadhar number / Aadhaar card
- Valid mobile number connected to Aadhaar.
- Bank Account Number with IFSC code
What is an E-Shram Card?
• The E Shram card for approximately 38 crore employees to be developed by the Union Ministry of Labor and Employment, will receive a 12 digit number (Universal Account Number UAN) on the EShram card! So that all employees can benefit at the same time. As you know everyone in India has a different Aadhar card number like the identity card. Similarly, the Esram Card will also make you the identity of an Indian employee.
• Those who successfully register for the E Shram Portal will be allocated an eShram Card. Eshram card is a unique 12 Digit number. Registered workers will be able to receive all the benefits of the Government Scheme across India.
See also: DBT Bihar
Where can you apply for E-Shram?
Visit the following links and follow the procedure to apply online for eShram.
How to register eshram gov in Self Registration CSC Login?
Registration for E-Shram Online 2021
Eligible candidates can now apply online to Self Registration at eshram portal You just need to follow the steps below:
• Go to register.eshram.gov.in
• On the main web page you will see that you need to first enter the adhaar card number.
• After that you need to add the phone number connected to the adhaar card.
Then the captcha code.
• After that you need to tap on the Send OTP tab.
• OTP will be sent to your registered number.
• Enter OTP and proceed to the next step.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article on E-Shram Online Registration and Benefits of eShram card and find it useful.